There are two main types of ink used to print tee shirts and children’s apparel. Decosource used water based ink.
- Produces very vibrant colors and is very popular with screen printers. There are several reasons to be cautious when using this type of ink.
- The ink made from Poly Vinal Cholride which contains carcinogenic compounds.
- It is not recommended for youth under 12 years of age
- The carcinogenic compounds continue to be released after printing is completed
- Must be cleaned with solvents which are chemicals
Water Based Inks
- Meets the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 for children’s apparel
- Manufacturing equipment can be cleaned with soap and water
- Biodegradable and Healthy for Consumers
- All apparel printed with water based ink is 100% safe
Jim Mickelson DGT expert