The Toyota Way
Kaizen “continuous change for the better”
- The “Old Way” is not always the Right Way.
- Empower the Employees: Let them make decisions
- New ideas to improve production. Quality, Speed, Employee Morale.
- Continuous Improvements in the Factory
- Empower and Engage with the Workers.
- Let workers think for themselves
- Walk the production line and talk to workers throughout the day.
- Proactive vs. Reactive. Develop training and quality controls, so problems don’t arise. “You aren’t putting out fires”
Team Leads: 2 Team Leaders to report to Plant Manager
- Quality Control
- Scheduling for their Team
Develop a System
- Quality Control: Team Leads inspect completed orders.
- Productivity: Time Sheets for each Operator. Record the Job, Pieces, and Total Stitch count ran for the job.
Develop a Reward System
- Productivity Reward for workers and Team Leads for total stitch counts of a Team in a week.
- Defect Reward for ZERO Defects in a week for the team.
Types of Rewards
- Time Off