This is a sample of a job description for an embroidery factory:
POSITION: Order Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES
Processes all sales reps orders to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and on-time delivery.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES and TASKS
- Work with sales reps on their orders to ensure accuracy and production ready.
- Due Dates
- Correct Pricing
- Purchases blank garments from suppliers.
- Purchases goods and services from our subcontractors
- Screen printers
- Ad Specialty Vendors
- Follows up on orders with the production department, vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinates artwork with the art staff
- Embroidery Digitizing Artwork
- Screen-print Artwork
- Ad Specialty Artwork
- Embroidered Emblem Artwork
- Vendor Returns: Work with the vendor to make sure orders are returned in a timely fashion.
- Order Salesperson Samples
- Data Entry into order entry system called Shopworks.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION
- 2 Year Degree. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Prior experience with purchasing. Working for an embroidery or Ad Specialty company is a plus.
- Bookkeeping experience is a plus
NOTE: The responsibilities and tasks outline in this document are not exhaustive and may changes as determined by the needs of the company.