Safety Vests Explained
Safety Vests are extremely important for the safety of your employees. You must learn the different Safety Vest classes so your company is in compliance with OSHA standards and regulations.
Why wear Safety Vests?
Safety vests are used to be visible by traffic and pedestrians. The bright Hi-Visibility of safety vests come in two popular colors. The colors are safety orange or safety yellow.
OSHA SAFETY VEST CLASS 1
- A class 1 OSHA safety vest with logo is generally used for parking lot attendants and areas where traffic is light.
- Generally, 25 miles an hour or less.
- The amount of reflective tape is 155 square inches or 6 feet of tape 2 inches wide.
OSHA SAFETY VEST CLASS 2
- Class 2 are the most required because they meet the all standards to provide good visibility for high hazard areas with fast traffic.
- All road construction requires the use of a class 2 vest.
- Class 2 vests cannot be used for night work.
OSHA SAFETY VEST CLASS 3
- Class 3 vests must have reflective sleeves, so they can be used for night work where a full visible silhouette must be seen.
Reflective material required
- Class 1 requires 6 feet by 2 inches of reflective tape
- Class 2 requires 8.3 feet by 2 inches of reflective material.
- Class 3 requires 13 feet by 2 inches of reflective tape.
Add your logo to Safety Vests
- Meeting the OSHA Safety Vest requirements now allows you to add a logo to identify your employees and your company.
- Logoed Safety Vests will make your employees identifiable while on the jobsite.
- Marketing your construction company by adding your business name to the vest will attract customers eyeballs to your company name.
- Washing the safety vests with logos are no problem. You can wash in any washing machine on permanent press. We suggest you air dry your vest to prevent logo cracking.
Safety T-Shirts are a great marketing tool!
- Get your brand out to the public to attract more customers
- More than 300 eyeballs will see your company logo per day.
- Professional looking companies invest in their employees apparel and look.
Who Sells Safety Vests Near Me?
Northwest Custom Apparel in Seattle, WA can provide class 1, 2, or 3 vests which can be logoed to promote your company and meet ANSI requirements for visibility. All vests are required to be safety orange or safety yellow.
It makes sense to have a required vest for your employees with your logo and advertising on it while adhering to safety laws.