Do you have trouble getting paid by customers? I found a great solution to help you get paid faster by credit cards. This product is called Zoho Invoicing. Zoho allows you to create an invoice and email it your customer for payment. The customer will receive a link for payment. There is a secure gateway to your credit card processing site.
I have found using Zoho makes it easier to get 50% down on an order or payment for art fees. Customers don’t like to call in and give their credit card number out. Zoho lets the customer type in all their credit card information securely.
1. Secure credit card transaction
2. Receive payment faster
3. You don’t have to call the customer for their credit card number.
4. You can get prepayment for art fees. (we all know that customers don’t like paying art charges)
Below is an example of a invoice used by Northwest Embroidery.
General Job Summary: Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration with an assigned group of customers by effectively selling custom apparel and promotional items.
– Promote/sell/secures orders from existing customers through a relationship-based approach.
– Create marketing packages by the use of custom apparel and promotional products, so our customers can use it to promote their business. Marketing creativity is a plus!
– Responsible for assigned sales quota and customer satisfaction goals.
– Make telephone calls or in person visits to an existing customer base.
– Develop clear and effective written proposals for current prospects and customers.
– Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management and production.
– Plans and organizes personal sales strategy for maximum return on time investment for your customer base.
– Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
– Participates in trade-shows, local leads groups and chamber of commerce.
– Cultivate client relationships
– Record all customer contact into the CRM, Salesforce.com
Education: 2 year degree or an exceptional sales background
Experience: At least 2 years in sales.
Computers: Outlook, Word, CRM programs, Excel:
Compensation: Base plus commission
– You get a current book of accounts that you will earn commission on.
– If you stay in contact with accounts and grow them you will make a nice base plus commission.
We are in our 4th quarter busy season at our embroidery company. I had a difficult customer that came in to pick up their beanies and he wanted to have a discount. The customer already knew the price before placing the order. He wanted a $72.00 discount because he believed he should receive the larger quantity discount. This customer orders $300.00 every 2 years. I stuck to my guns and didn’t give him a discount and he paid and stormed out of our office. The next day he called back and apologized to me for his rude behavior. He said our prices are fair and our quality is excellent. He will be coming back for more future business. Just remember to stick to your pricing and don’t give into the customer that wants to chisel your price down.